Police blotter

By Kate Levine

A 19-year-old Mundelein, Ill., man and a 20-year-old man were arrested for stealing alcohol from Schnuck’s, 109 N. Mattis Ave., Wednesday evening.

According to a police report, the two offenders entered the store with the intent of stealing alcohol. One acted as a lookout while the other concealed two bottles of vodka.

Two 14-year-old boys and two 15-year-old boys attempted to steal clothing from Kohl’s, 109 Convenience Center Road, Wednesday evening.

According to a police report, the offenders entered the store, concealed clothing and shoes, tried to leave without paying and ran from police. Two were charged with burglary, and two were charged with resisting/obstructing officers.

A 19-year-old man was arrested late Saturday night for damaging property at a residence at the 300 block of East Chalmers Street.

According to a police report, the offender threw a plastic bag filled with rocks and barbeque sauce at the victim’s window. The window broke and clothing inside the home was damaged. The suspect was issued a notice to appear for property damage.

A 13-year-old boy was apprehended late Tuesday evening after throwing eggs at a 35-year-old victim’s house at the 2800 block of Maplewood Drive.

According to a police report, the juvenile suspect was given an appointment.

A 19-year-old man reported theft from his residence at the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue early Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender stole several pieces of stereo equipment and money from the victim’s home.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 35-year-old man reported criminal property damage at the 1000 block of East Fairlawn Drive Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender keyed the victim’s vehicle for the second time in two weeks.

A 45-year-old woman reported illegal dumping at her residence at the 800 block of East Pennsylvania Avenue Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender dumped four bags of garbage onto the victim’s yard Tuesday evening.

Compiled by Kate Levine

A 26-year-old woman reported harassment by telephone at her residence at the 900 block of North Gregory Street Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the victim has been receiving calls from an unknown male. He asks her questions until she hangs up.

A 25-year-old man was taken to the hospital after his bike collided with a car at the 700 block of South Mathews Street Tuesday evening.

The Armory, 505. E. Armory Dr., reported theft of more than $450 Wednesday.

According to a police report, an unknown offender stole a ceremonial Air Force sword, a scabbard and a sash from the Armory around 7:30 p.m. Monday.

A 21-year-old man was arrested on a Peoria County warrant and a charge of driving without a license early Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, an officer saw him trying to drag race another vehicle near the intersection of Green Street and Lincoln Avenue. A registration check revealed the warrant and expired license. The man was also cited for operating an uninsured vehicle.