Police Blotter

By Angelina Cole

According to a police report, 535 citations have been given for underage drinking in the campus area since the beginning of 2007.

In a recent bar check done by Champaign Police officers, seven illegal IDs were seized. At The Clybourne, 706 S. Sixth St., 19 citations were issued. At Joe’s Brewery, 706 S. Fifth St., 10 citations were issued. At Station 211, 211 E. Green St., 12 citations were issued. At Rock’s, 25 E. Springfield Ave., two citations were issued.

The Champaign Police Department’s Operation Campus/Tap Program aims to reduce and deter underage drinking on the University campus and among high school teens, as well as reduce sale to minors and possession of a controlled substance. In the 12th series of operations planned for this year, 41 people were detailed and 43 citations were issued. Forty-one of these offenders were minors in possession, 12 of whom were 19 years old or younger. Two offenders were obstructing justice or resisting arrest. Two offenders were also charged with their second ordinance violations.

Motor vehicle theft was reported at Audibel Hearing Aids, 1901 N. Market St., Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender took the company’s gold van without permission.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 19-year-old Spring Valley, Ill., man was issued a notice to appear at C.O. Daniels, 608 E. Daniel St., early Thursday morning.

According to a police report, the notice to appear was issued for a minor in possession.

A 67-year-old woman reported motor vehicle theft at the 1100 block of State Street, Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the victim’s silver car was taken by an unknown offender.

A 48-year-old man reported deceptive practices at the 1400 block of Prospect Avenue on Sept. 6.

According to a police report, an unknown offender used the victim’s stolen debit card and withdrew money from the victim’s account.

A 31-year-old man was arrested for theft at the 1000 block of Columbia Avenue on Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the offender stole the victim’s mo-ped and television, then sold them.

The offender was taken to the Champaign County Sheriff’s Office.

A gun was found at the Marco Steel recycling business, 302 S. Market St., Wednesday afternoon.

Lambda Chi Alpha, 209 E. Armory Ave., reported theft Monday afternoon.

According to a police report, a 40-year-old male offender stole a PlayStation 2 from a 19-year-old man, an HP printer from a 19-year-old man, a wooden pool table cover from a 19-year-old man, a dart board from a 20-year-old man and a computer chair from a 21-year-old man.

A 35-year-old woman was arrested for possession of alcohol in a public place Wednesday evening at Walgreens, 820 Bloomington Road.

According to a police report, an 18-year-old male passenger in the woman’s car lied about his name and was arrested for obstruction of justice. He was then found to be in possession of 22.5 grams of cannabis.

A 22-year-old Rantoul man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at Circle K, 1101 N. Prospect Ave., Wednesday evening.

According to a police report, the offender was arrested for possession of alcohol in a public place and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver.

Two 18-year-old women were arrested for retail theft at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., Wednesday evening.

According to a police report, the offenders stole 33 items of clothing and put them in a stroller.

A male student reported that his mo-ped had been damaged in a University parking lot, 1010 W. Illinois St., Wednesday.

According to a police report, the mo-ped had been kicked over and damaged and the cover stolen.

The damages are estimated at $85.

An unknown offender vandalized a concrete brick planter at the Alice Campbell Alumni Center, 601 S. Lincoln Ave., some time before 8 a.m. Monday.

According to a police report, graffiti was painted on the planter.

Damages are estimated at $100.

Compiled by Angelina Cole