Odds and ends: Man accused of sawing house in half horizontally

By The Associated Press

HILLSBORO, Ohio – A man angry that he wasn’t going to be sold a house is accused of using a power saw to turn the abode into a convertible.

Rodney Rogers apparently thought an acquaintance was going to build a house and sell it to him, and he was living in it while it was being completed, Highland County Sheriff Ronald Ward said Wednesday.

After the acquaintance refused to complete the sale, Rogers used a power saw last week to make a lateral cut through the walls and siding at about chest level, authorities said.

He cut all the way around the house, Ward said.

The owners had not estimated the dollar value of the damage.

Rotten meat spilled across interstate in Kentucky

SOUTHGATE, Ky. – A truck carrying rotten meat crashed and spread its pungent cargo across an interstate highway Wednesday, closing part of the road for much of the day.

“It was pretty atrocious,” said Southgate police spokesman Sam Hodge.

A driver cut off a car on Interstate 471, causing it to swerve into the path of the truck, Hodge said. The car and truck collided, and both crashed into the median barrier.

The truck, operated by Griffin Industries, tipped over and spilled rotten hot dogs, hamburger and lunch meat across the road.

A police dispatcher reached after business hours said no one was available to comment on whether anyone was ticketed.

Most of the mess was cleaned up.

From Associated Press reports