What do you think of Unofficial?

By Compiled Stephanie Gomes

“It makes me mad how the chancellor went in front of the Council. We’re 18 to 22, and we can make our own decisions. He doesn’t have to be acting like our parents.”

Erik Billie, senior in LAS

“The no guest rule that they have in the dorms is infringing on students’ rights,” he said. “I know the University doesn’t acknowledge Unofficial, but it’s a tradition, and it’s going to happen no matter what.”

Anthony Delapaz, sophomore in FAA

“It kind of overwhelms me thinking about how chaotic (Unofficial) is going to be.”

“It seems like they are pounding down on it this year more than ever. I’m planning on being really careful.”

Jesse Schroeder, senior in ACES

“So basically, I think it is ridiculous that they’re bringing in more police. If they want to do something more constructive, they should bring in more ambulances.”

Kyle Johnson, freshman in Aviation

“I think it is ridiculous that cops are going to be in the residence halls. It’s completely unnecessary.”

Will Jiang, freshman in Business

“You could use officers in other places like the bars, because there are a lot of people in the dorms who don’t drink.”

Mike Rohan, sophomore in LAS

“I’m not participating. I don’t like to drink at all.”

“Aren’t you supposed to go to class focused? How are you supposed to learn if you’re drunk?”

Darneka McCann, freshman in LAS

“Absolutely I will be participating. I just like the whole spirit of (Unofficial) and the festivities. I like wearing green too.”

Adam Wilson, junior in Aviation

“I’m really looking forward to Unofficial. I’ve had a very stressful week and have friends coming. It should be a good time.”

Casie Yocum, junior in LAS

“I know the University does not support Unofficial, so be careful and don’t be irresponsible.”

Jill Lewandowski, sophomore in AHS