Police reports

By Susan Kantor

• Two 18-year-old men and two 17-year-old boys were arrested at the 2700 block of Cherry Creek late Friday night.

According to a police report, the group was found to be in possession of alcohol. The men were issued notices to appear and the boys were issued appointments.

• A 47-year-old homeless man was arrested at the corner of University Avenue and Walnut Street Sunday morning.

According to a police report, the man was issued a notice to appear for possession of alcohol on public property.

• Deceptive practices were reported at Triple T Carwash, 1905 W Bradley Ave., Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender presented a counterfeit $20 bill for payment.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• Theft was reported at the 600 block of east Green Street Thursday afternoon.

According to a police report, a 22-year-old man lost his wallet. An unknown offender found the wallet and used the credit cards at

• Aggravated battery, discharge of firearm and possession of cannabis were reported at the 1200 block of Garden Hills early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, a loud party was voluntarily shut down and a guest was battered in the street. Three gunshots were heard, but no suspects or victims were identified. Police made contact with a suspicious vehicle and a 19-year-old man received a notice to appear for possession of cannabis.

• Retail theft was reported at Meijer, 2401 N Prospect Ave., Saturday night.

According to a police report, a 18-year-old woman and a 12-year-old girl entered the store and stole a box of Wheat Thins and a fifth of tequila. The woman was arrested for retail theft.

• Possession of cannabis was reported at Holiday Inn, 1003 Killarney St., Sunday afternoon.

According to a police report, housekeeping found a small amount of cannabis in a 27-year-old Indianapolis woman’s room. The woman was not located.

• Retail theft was reported at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., Sunday afternoon.

According to a police report, a 34-year-old Rantoul, Ill. man and a 37-year-old Rantoul, Ill. woman attempted to steal. The offenders were arrested.

• A 21-year-old man was arrested at the 1000 block of south Smith Sunday afternoon.

According to a police report, the man has a warrant for his arrest.

• A 29-year-old Philo, Ill. man was arrested near the corner of Race and Water streets Saturday night.

According to a police report, the man showed signs of impairment while driving. He nearly collided with the vehicle in front of him and did not signal while he was turning. He admitted to consuming two beers.

• Residential burglary was reported at the 1200 block of West Hill Saturday night.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered the residence of a 33-year-old man and stole a 42-inch Sony television and two pairs of Nikes.