Police report

By Megan Kelly

• An unknown suspect burglarized the YMCA on the 1000 block of Wright Street on Saturday afternoon.

According to a police report, a safe was burglarized.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 27-year-old man reported theft at the 200 block of White Street on Thursday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect took a tire off a vehicle and replaced it with a “doughnut spare” tire that did not belong to the car’s owner.

• A 44-year-old man reported theft at the 100 block of Water Street on Saturday afternoon.

According to a police report, the victim was walking in a public place when an unknown offender knocked him unconscious and took his wallet. The victim regained consciousness and was able to return to his apartment before seeking medical treatment.

• An Urbana man reported criminal damage to property on the 2000 block of Washington Avenue on Sunday morning.

According to a police report, while the victim was away overnight, an unknown offender damaged two front windows of his residence with what appeared to be a gun.

• A 25-year-old man reported burglary from a motor vehicle on the 800 block of Kerr Avenue on Sunday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender gained access to the victim’s car without using force and stole a cell phone and money. No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 19-year-old woman reported harassment on the 200 block of Peabody Drive between Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon.

According to a police report, the woman received 300 obscene text messages on her cell phone.

• Police confiscated a pipe for smoking narcotics at the 1100 block of Dorner Drive on Sunday night.

According to a police report, the pipe was taken after an officer on patrol saw three individuals smoking apparent marijuana near a retention pond.

• An Urbana man reported a prowler on the 2000 block of South Orchard Street early Monday morning.

According to a police report, the man saw an unknown male looking in his bedroom window. The suspect was described as a black male with very short hair, possibly bald, with whiskers on his chin. He was wearing a white sleeveless T-shirt. Police were unable to locate the suspect, although a police canine traced him to the Arboretum on Lincoln Avenue.

• A 19-year-old man was arrested near the intersection of Springfield Avenue and First Street Saturday evening on a Piatt County warrant.

According to a police report, the man was cited for possession of drug equipment and delivery of cannabis 20 grams and under. The police found a pipe, a scale and two bags containing 9.9 grams of suspected cannabis in his clothing.

• A 19-year-old man was arrested on the 600 block of East Armory Avenue early Saturday morning on a charge of illegal consumption by a minor.

According to a police report, an officer found the man lying on a retaining wall. Although initially unresponsive, the man was taken to jail after being evaluated by Carle Arrow Ambulance personnel.

• Several patrons reported theft at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, on Friday afternoon.

According to a police report, one victim reported a wallet containing a Starbucks gift card, a debit card and IDs stolen. Another victim reported a wallet containing $50, an i-card and a driver’s license stolen. A third victim reported a Samsung cell phone, i-card and dorm key stolen from an orange drawstring bag.

• Police responded to a call on the 1200 block of Euclid early Saturday morning about a suspected drug odor.

According to a police report, officers confiscated a homemade “huffer tube,” a pipe, a scale and a CD case containing 60 small plastic bags. They also seized a bag containing 22 grams of apparent cannabis found in a desk drawer.