Odds and Ends: Teen gets time for grandma performing in music video

By The Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Florida – A Florida teenager has been sentenced to 18 months in juvenile detention for coaxing his senile grandmother into holding a gun and threatening to shoot “all the pigs” in a homemade “gangsta rap” video.

Eighteen-year-old Michael Alfinez pleaded guilty Tuesday to elder abuse charges. His family has said the case was a misunderstanding.

The 85-year-old grandmother can be seen in the video holding a handgun, wearing a black mask and threatening to shoot “all the pigs.”

Alfinez was arrested in April after authorities seized the tape during a routine traffic stop. Alfinez and others also could be seen in the video shooting a pistol around town.

Alfinez also pleaded guilty to charges of firing into a building.

Mich. Dems’ typo directs voters to phone-sex line

DETROIT – Michigan Democrats trying to arouse interest in absentee voting have accidentally directed people to a phone-sex line.

State party spokeswoman Liz Kerr says a flier that included two absentee ballot applications had a misprint in the number for a campaign hotline.

The flier came from the Michigan Democratic State Central Committee and featured photos of presidential candidate Barack Obama and U.S. Sen. Carl Levin.

The error was first reported by WJBK-TV in Detroit. Kerr says the party apologizes for the misprint.