Odds and Ends: Police say Mass. woman steals new mom’s purse for crack

FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – Police say a woman who gave birth at a Massachusetts hospital tried to leave the maternity ward with more than just a newborn.

Framingham police say Jennifer Morris stole another new mother’s purse containing a cell phone and digital camera that she sold to get money for crack cocaine.

The 36-year-old Morris was arrested Sunday, the day after she allegedly snatched the purse from the mother of triplets at MetroWest Medical Center.

Lt. Paul Shastany told the MetroWest Daily News that Morris was caught on surveillance video taking the purse.

Morris pleaded not guilty Monday to charges including larceny over $250. She was ordered held on $3,000 bail.

Police have not yet recovered the cell phone or camera.

Police: Would-be burglar stuck in Atlanta store

ATLANTA – A would-be burglar is in jail after he climbed through a hole in the roof of an Atlanta liquor store and then couldn’t get back out.

Police and the owner of Azar’s Package Store found 29-year-old Adam Hardeman early Tuesday hiding in a store restroom with playing cards, lighters and a bottle of gin in his pockets.

Authorities say the man got inside by moving a rooftop air conditioner and dropping through the hole.

Once inside, he couldn’t climb back up, and burglar bars kept him from getting out windows or doors.

Police say Hardeman was arrested and is charged with burglary and damage to property.

Police do not know if Hardeman has an attorney.