Police Blotter 6-19-2009

• A 40-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of First Street and Springfield Avenue, Wednesday morning. According to the police report, the man was issued a notice to appear for possession of alcohol on public property.

• Criminal damage to property was reported at the 1500 block of Cunningham Road, Wednesday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender keyed the victim’s vehicle in a parking lot.
  • Residential burglary was reported at 900 block of Colorado Avenue, Tuesday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and stole a 37 inch television.
  • A 23-year-old man was arrsted at the 1100 block of Lanore Drive, Tuesday night. According to the police report, the offender had a valid Fulton county warrant, lied about his name to avoid officers and was arrested.

• Theft was reported at Illinois Street Residence Halls, near the intersection of Illinois Street and Lincoln Avenue, Wednesday. According to the police report, a bike valued at $300 was stole from the bike racks in front of the building.
  • Theft was reported at U of I Food Stores, 1321 S. Oak St., between 11 and 11:30 p.m. Saturday night. According to the police report, $1,630 in cash was stolen after an event at the iHotel.
  • A 19-year-old man was arrested near the intersection of Green Street and Lincoln Avenue, Wednesday night. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of driving with a suspended driver’s license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane usage.
  • Property damage was reported at University Parking lot C-10, 510 E. Daniel Street, before 8:21 a.m. Wednesday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender sprayed graffiti.
  • Property damage was reported at University parking lot B-4, 1201 W. University Ave., between 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and 11:40 p.m. Wednesday. According to the police report a window was shattered in the northeast corner stairwell with estimated value of $1,000.
  • Property damage was reported at the Spurlock Museum, 600 S. Gregory St., between 6 p.m. Monday and 7 a.m. Tuesday. According to the police report, an unknown offender defaced the east side of the museum.
  • Property damage was reported at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, 500 S. Goodwin Ave., sometime before 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the police report, an unknown offender damaged a double-tinted window on the east-side roof area with damage estimated at $1,000.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg