Police Blotter

Champaign n A 24-year-old woman was arrested at the 200 block of West Springfield Avenue, June 17. According to the police report, the woman had a warrant out for her arrest. n A 52-year-old woman was arrested at the 300 block of South Second Street, Monday night. According to the police report,…Champaign

24-year-old woman was arrested at the 200 block of West Springfield Avenue, June 17.

According to the police report, the woman had a warrant out for her arrest.

A 52-year-old woman was arrested at the 300 block of South Second Street, Monday night.

According to the police report, the woman stole the victim’s cell phone while sitting outside at a picnic table and was later located and arrested for the cell phone theft.

Residential burglary was reported at the 900 block of South Third Street, early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, an unknown offender attempted to gain entry to her apartment by removing the window screen.

A 21-year-old man was arrested at the 2000 block of Moreland Boulevard, June 17.

According to the police report, the man had a warrant out for his arrest.

A 43-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of West Kirby Avenue, early Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, the man was observed sleeping on playground equipment in the park and was in possession of alcohol on public property. He resisted arrest and was later taken to jail.

A 19-year-old man was arrested at the 1200 block of Walnut Street, June 12.

A 20-year-old woman was arrested at the 100 block of High Cross Road, Wednesday afternoon.

According to the police report, the woman took several cosmetics items and left the Walmart without paying for them. The woman had previous theft charges and was taken to jail.

Forgery was reported at the 1000 block of West University Avenue, Wednesday morning.

According to the police report, the offender presented and cashed a counterfeit check worth $776.84.

Deceptive practices were reported at the 2300 block of South Lynn Street, Wednesday afternoon.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s ATM/Debit card number and used it without the victim’s permission to purchase several items in Canada.

Theft was reported at UI parking lot E-33, 1235 S. Oak St., between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday.

According to the police report, a license plate, parking pass and reflector bolts were stolen from a scooter parked in the lot.

A 56-year-old man was arrested at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., Wednesday morning.

According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of trespass to state-supported property.

Compiled by Melissa Silverberg