Police Blotter 7-29-2009

A 27-year-old man was arrested at the 2700 block of West Bradley Avenue, Friday evening, on charges of possession of drug equipment, possession of cannabis under 30 grams, driving under the influence of drugs, expired registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and an improper turn at an intersection.According to the police report, the man was stopped for expired registration. The driver was found to be under the influence of cannabis and in possession of drug paraphernalia.

A 26-year-old man was arrested at the 1200 block of North Market Street, early Tuesday morning, on charges of possession of a controlled substance. According to the police report, officers noticed a vehicle parked in a tow-away zone. A plastic bag containing cocaine was in plain view of the driver.

A 27-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of John Street and Kenwood Road, Sunday, June 19, on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving on a suspended drivers license.

A 21-year-old woman reported criminal damage to property at the intersection of Sixth Street and Healey Street, Monday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown suspect damaged the passenger door and side mirror of the victim’s vehicle.

A 37-year-old man was arrested at the 1100 block of South Philo Road, Monday afternoon, on charges of driving on a suspended license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and child restraint violations.—linebreak—According to the police report, the man failed to secure a child in a car seat.

A 20-year-old woman was arrested at Goodwin Avenue and Park Street, Monday evening, on charges of disorderly conduct. According to the police report, the offender was alarmed when a 23-year-old woman threw milk on her car while she was driving. The offender, a passenger in the vehicle milk was thrown on, then followed the 20-year-old woman from a class to the location of the incident.

A 25-year-old woman reported theft at the 300 block of East Michigan Avenue, Monday afternoon. According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bike, which had been secured to a bike rack.

A 17-year-old man reported theft at the 200 block of East Washington Street, Monday evening. According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bike from behind a garage on his property.

A 23-year-old woman reported theft at the 1900 block of East Florida Avenue, Monday evening. According to the police report, a 31-year old man and the woman have a child together. The man believed the victim had been seeing other men and took her phone to see what numbers she had dialed.

Compiled by James VandeBerg