Goodwin Avenue closed Thursday, MTD routes affected

Goodwin Avenue will be closed to vehicles Thursday, Oct. 29 for resurfacing, according to the Urbana Public Works Department.

Construction will being Thursday at 5 a.m., starting at Goodwin Avenue and Green Street. This intersection will not be closed but to pedestrians, according to a press release, delays should be expected.

From Green Street to Gregory Drive, Goodwin Avenue will be closed to vehicle traffic for the entire day. Goodwin Avenue and Illinois Street’s intersection will be closed, along with the intersection at Goodwin and Oregon Street.

While Goodwin is closed, Oregon Street will be open to two-way traffic. It normally only allows vehicles headed westbound.

The Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District’s routes will be affected by the construction. Students who use the following busses should check schedules: 2 Red Northbound, 2 Red Southbound, 5 Green Express Eastbound, 5 Green Express Westbound, 8 Bronze Eastbound, 10 Gold Eastbound, 10 Gold Westbound, 12 Teal, 13 Silver, 22 Illini Southbound and the

22 Illini Northbound.