Access to H1N1 vaccination broadened

All University students can now have the H1N1 vaccination, regardless of age or whether they have a chronic medical condition.

As stated by the Mckinley Health Center, Dec. 15, 2009 marked the end of the contract with healthcare providers that the vaccine could only be given to prioritized individuals.

“Walk-ins” are welcome as all students need is their student I-card.

Students can receive the vaccination in the Immunization and Travel Clinic at McKinley Health Center Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There will be no charge for the vaccination. Faculty and staff will also be administered the vaccine once presenting proof of their UIN.

Outreach clinic times have been instated in the lower level of the Union Jan. 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, and 28 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The research desk at the Undergrad Library will be accessible Jan. 19 and 20 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. while the circulation desk in Grainger will host outreach clinic times Jan. 21 and 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Times at the ARC lobby will be on Jan. 27 and 28 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.