Police Blotter: 03-16-2010

An 18-year-old woman was arrested at the 2000 block of North Neil Street on Friday night.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested for trespassing at Market Place Mall, 2000 N. Neil St., after being banned from the location for a previous incident.

Theft was reported at the 300 block of East Armory Avenue on Friday night.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bicycle from a bike rack.

Theft was reported at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, 405 N. Mathews Ave., on Sunday night.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole an unattended laptop valued at $1,000.

Theft was reported from an office at the Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory, 208 N. Wright St., on Sunday night.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole a laptop valued at $1,000 from a backpack along with a wallet and cash valued at $120.

Theft was reported at parking lot E-14 at the 1800 block of South First Street on Saturday night.

According to the police report, an unknown offender broke into the passenger side window and stole a global positioning system valued at $75.

Motor vehicle theft was reported at parking lot E-14 at the Assembly Hall, 1800 S. First St., on Saturday night.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole an unlocked, white Jeep Cherokee. It was later recovered by police at the 1500 block of West Kirby Avenue on Sunday morning.

A 23-year-old man and a 21-year-old man were arrested at Townsend Hall, 918 W. Illinois St., on Saturday afternoon.

According to the police report, the offenders were dining hall clerks and allegedly allowed students to steal over $150 worth of food.

Theft was reported at Townsend Hall, 918 W. Illinois St., on Saturday morning.

According to the police report, the victims woke up to an unknown offender leaving their unlocked room. The offender stole their wallets.

Criminal damage to property was reported at David Kinley Hall, 1407 W. Gregory Drive, on Saturday morning.

According to the police report, an unknown offender tore a bathroom stall door, water fountain and fire extinguisher off of the building wall.

Compiled by Payal Shukla