Daily Illini taking publication break until August 18

With summer classes at the University ending Friday, The Daily Illini will also be taking a break from our print publication for a few weeks.

We hope you’ve enjoyed the summer as we’ve enjoyed covering campus. We’ve had a lot of rain, a lot of hot weather, welcomed a new president and watched the larger relationship between the University and Newman Center change after the controversy of the employment of one professor. Summer seems to have flown by quickly, but we hope you’ve enjoyed campus at its slowest and are ready for the rest of the student body to return in a few weeks — we are.

As students move back to campus, pick up our Move-In Edition on Wednesday for tips and advice to make your move go more smoothly, settle into your apartment and get to know Champaign-Urbana.

We’ll be back Aug. 18 with a Welcome Back Edition, filling you in with what you may have missed this summer and what news, sports and entertainment issues to look for this year.

Also look for our first regular publication, the Quad Day Edition on Friday Aug. 20, complete with a map of Quad Day for you to take to the event.

During the break, be checking Dailyillini.com for updates as well as our twitter @TheDailyIllini. Send us your story ideas and tips at [email protected] or write to us at [email protected] about the issues most important to you.

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, we’re looking forward to seeing you this fall!