Police Blotter 08-23-2010

A 22-year-old man was arrested at the 400 block of First Street on Saturday.

According to the police report, the man was arrested for resisting and obstructing a police officer.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the 800 block of First Street on Saturday. According to the police report, the victim’s rear window was broken.

An 18-year-old man and 19-year-old man were arrested for throwing dangerous materials at the 1100 block of Euclid Street on Saturday. According to the police report, the men threw items off of a balcony.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the 400 block of Green Street on Friday. According to the police report, a victim’s vehicle window was broken.

A 20-year-old man was arrested at the 1100 block of Fourth Street on Friday. According to the police report, the man was arrested for domestic battery.

A 20-year-old man was arrested at the 2500 block of Springfield Avenue on Friday. According to the police report, the man was observed throwing an item, which was later determined to be a gun.

A 44-year-old man was arrested at the 1900 block of Lincoln Avenue on Friday. According to the police report, the man was arrested for theft over $300 after several items were purchased on a company credit card without authority.

Two 20-year-old women were arrested at the 800 block of Nevada Street on Friday. According to the police report, the women were arrested for purchasing, possessing and consuming liquor by minors.

A 26-year-old man was arrested at the 1500 block of Lincoln Avenue on Thursday. According to the police report, the man was arrested for retail theft after he entered the business and left without paying for the concealed item in his shorts.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the 1600 block of Florida Avenue on Thursday. According to the police report, the victim’s tire was punctured.

A 35-year-old woman was arrested at the 700 block of Florida Avenue on Friday. According to the police report, the woman’s stray dogs were running at large and did not have rabies tags.

A dog bite was reported at the 1200 block of Busey Avenue on Friday. According to the police report, an employee at a local water company was bitten by the owner’s dog when he was checking the owner’s water meter.

Compiled by Jennifer Wheeler.