UIPD investigate trespassing on UI property

The University of Illinois Police Department, or UIPD, have requested assistance and released the description of an offender in an effort to apprehend a suspect in multiple thefts.

According to an email from the UIPD, the suspect, Andra Brent, has a long history of entering University property and committing daytime thefts from offices.

After being released from Illinois Department of Corrections on Sept. 15, the suspect was observed exiting a professor’s office in Turner Hall on Sept. 20.

An Illinois Department of Corrections, or IDOC, warrant of apprehension was generated, and Brent was arrested Sept. 24. After the arrest, the Urbana Police issued Brent a letter of no trespass for all University property.

Brent was released from the Champaign County Jail on Sept. 24 after

the arrest warrant was served. Brent violated his parole requirements after being released from IDOC by not reporting to his check-in location.

Brent is currently in violation status for failure to report to the

assigned location per his parole requirements after being released from the county jail.

UIPD has responded to reports of Brent in Turner Hall after his last

release and believes it has a video of him entering the ACES Library.

Brent frequents buildings on the Urbana side of campus, but he has also been arrested in Champaign for similar crimes.

Brent is described as a 47-year-old black male, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 170 pounds.

He has been known to carry folders or papers as a prop and indicate he is looking someone or for work and have poor eye contact during conversation.