Police blotter 10/26/2011

h2. Champaign

– A possession of controlled substance was reported on Monday just after 10 a.m. at the Champaign Public Library in the 200 block of Green Street.

– Three individuals were issued City NTAs for attempting to interfere with officers’ investigations on Monday just before 5 p.m. at the 500 block of Springfield Avenue.

– A possession of drug paraphernalia was reported on Monday just after 4 p.m. at the 500 block of Springfield. According to the report, the subject was issued a City NTA.

h2. University

– A 21-year-old Champaign resident was arrested on Tuesday just after 2 a.m. at Sixth and Green streets for an outstanding DuPage County warrant. According to the report, the warrant was for failure to appear in court. Police stopped him for crossing the street against traffic signals.

– A 20-year-old U. of I. student was arrested on Tuesday at 2 a.m. in the 400 block of John Street for an alleged hate crime that had occurred near Fourth and Green streets, Champaign. A U. of I. Police officer reportedly witnessed Lancor and two other males taunting a man walking on the sidewalk, then saw Lancor punch the man. All three ran when police approached and the victim told police they had been taunting him with homosexual slurs before punching him. The arrestee was caught but the two other suspects escaped.

– A criminal damage to a vehicle was reported on Monday just before 8 p.m. at the State Farm building, 2001 S. First Street. According to the report, someone stuffed paper in the vehicle’s gas tank and keyed several locations, causing an estimated $1,500 in damage. A sexual slur also was scrawled on one of the panels.

– A theft was reported on Monday just after 1 p.m. at the intramural soccer field in the 1600 block of South First Street. According to the report, the item stolen was a cellphone valued at $300 that had been placed in a shoe on the sideline by one of the players.

– A 19-year-old Urbana resident was arrested on Monday at 11 a.m. near Gregory Drive and Goodwin Avenue for driving without a license. A 20-year-old passenger was also arrested for an outstanding Champaign County warrant. According to the report, the arrestee’s vehicle was reportedly stopped for disobeying a traffic sign.