Police blotter Jan. 31, 2014

— Battery and theft under was reported in the 1700 block of W. John St. at around 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 21.

According to the report, the victim reported that they were battered by two suspects at the gas station. The victim’s keys and driver’s license was stolen.

— Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 2200 block of S. First St. at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, the victim’s cellphone was stolen from her car.

— Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 800 block of N. Fifth St. at around 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, three credit/debit cards, two purse/wallets, one driver’s license, one I.D. and cash was stolen from the victim’s car. One window was also damaged.                                                                        

n  Criminal damage to property was reported at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., at around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, a building service worker reported seeing a man rip down a meeting room partition and drag it out into the hallway. The estimated damage is $600. The suspect is a University student from the Springfield campus.

— A 31-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving under the influence, hit and run, fleeing the scene of an accident, accident involving injury and an accident on private property in the 1000 block of Race St. at around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, the suspect fled the scene of an accident. When officers located the suspect, they noticed he had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

— Identity theft was reported on the 1900 block of Lincoln Ave. at around 6 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, the offender obtained the victims credit card number and made purchases in another state.

Compiled by Danielle Brown and Ariell Carter-Cameron.