Police blotter Feb. 5, 2014

—A 29-year-old man was arrested on the charge of possession of cannabis near the corner of Fifth Street and Springfield Avenue at around 3 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, cannabis was found on the man during a traffic stop.

—Criminal damage to property was reported on the 500 block of East John Street at around 6 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender damaged a window screen.

—Aggravated battery and interference to report was reported on the 500 block of University Avenue at around 9 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender choked the victim and pulled her out of the car. The offender fled before officers arrived.

—A 26-year-old man was arrested on the charges of violating an order for protection at the Institute for Genomic Biology, 1206 W. Gregory Dr., at 12:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, the man was within 100 feet of the building, which violated the order. Police later reviewed video showing the man inside the restricted building.

—Theft was reported at Circle K, 1501 N. Lincoln Ave. at 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender entered the business and took a bottle of liquor and left without paying. The offender has not been located.

—Battery was reported on the 2000 block of East Vermont Avenue at around 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender and victims are friends. Both were intoxicated and the victim reported the offender punched her multiple times. The offender was gone when police arrived.

Compiled by Miranda Holloway