Police blotter for April 14, 2014

— Criminal damage to property was reported in the 500 block of East Springfield Avenue around 7 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, an unknown offender threw an object and broke the window of a vehicle. 

— Criminal damage to property and theft was reported near the intersection of Prospect Avenue and Marketview Street around 3 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the wiring was cut on electric panels. .

— Theft and criminal damage to property was reported in the 1700 block of Broadmoor Drive around 11:30 a.m. Friday.

According to the report, a business owner reported that someone stole the copper line set from four of the air conditioning units located outside his business.   

— Theft was reported at Circle K, 1501 N. Lincoln Ave., around 5 p.m. Saturday. 

According to the report, the offender pumped $99 worth of gasoline into his vehicle and drove off without paying. A witness said she recognized the offender from a previous incident of the same offense.

— A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery and criminal damage to property on East John Street at 9 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the man was accused earlier in the evening for striking a companion. When the police contacted the man at his residence, they found a pipe used to smoke cannabis. 

— A 25-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and not having proof of insurance near the intersection of Springfield and Goodwin Avenues at 2:30 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the man was originally pulled over for speeding and not dimming the high beams on his headlights.

Compiled by Miranda Holloway