Date set for the 95th annual Engineering Open House

By Katherine Boncher

The 95th annual Engineering Open House will take place on March13-14, 2015.  The event will feature exhibits and competitions in the fields of science and technology. 

Engineering Open House welcomes students, families, faculty and corporate sponsors to the event.  There is expected to be 20,000 attendees at this year’s EOH, with the theme “The Future Starts Here.”

Tyler Hansen, External Publicity Chair for the Engineering Open House, said the central committee “is excited to see how the student exhibitors demonstrate that the technology of the future is being developed right here at the University of Illinois.”

According to Hansen, there will be activities such as scavenger hunts, design competitions and a Tesla Coil Concert at the Open House.

“For the first time this year, the students planning the event have focused their efforts on engaging students who live on campus but might not know about EOH. We hope to see more involvement from the campus at large during this year’s event,” said Hansen.

Whether you are a student, parent, faculty or community member, all are encouraged to attend the two-day student-led event and learn more about the science and technology fields. 

Katherine can be reached at [email protected]