Research Park hosts Mobile Development Day

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The University Research Park will be hosting its Mobile Development Day as a means of highlighting mobile development work happening in the Champaign-Urbana area.

The event will be held on Thursday, Jan. 29 at the i-Hotel from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. It is an all-day conference that will include speakers, breakout sessions, lunch and a networking event.

Laura Bleill, assistant director of external relations for Research Park, said the conference will feature two keynote speakers: Julian Sanchez, site manager for John Deere, and Rajesh Karmani, a University of Illinois graduate who eventually started his own company.

Mobile Development Day has been around for four years, according to Bleill. She said the event has evolved over the years with the expansion of mobile development.

“I think that this conference is a nice opportunity for students who may be interested in kind of seeing the cross section of how mobile is impacting our economy and how mobile technologies are interacting with one another,” Bleill said.

She added that the event will also provide a lot of opportunities to teach students how to get involved in entrepreneurship or in mobile technologies through research park internships.

Mobile Development day requires registration, but is a free event.