Blotter for Oct 1, 2015

By Charlotte Collins

•  A home invasion was reported in the 500 block of East White Street around 7:40 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, officers were dispatched to a fight. One subject entered another’s apartment and battered the victim. The subject was transported to the hospital for mental evaluation.
  •  Domestic battery was reported in the 2400 block of North Neil Street around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, there were subjects involved in a domestic dispute, including two victims and two offenders.

•  A University student reported that his bicycle was stolen sometime between Sept. 25 and Sept. 27 from Oglesby Hall, 1005 College Court. According to the report, the bike has an estimated value of $300 and was locked to a rack.
  •  A University employee reported several packages as stolen around 4 p.m. Monday from a UPS drop box outside Coble Hall, 801 S. Wright St. According to the report, the employee said she saw several men exit a vehicle and take the packages sitting next to the drop box.
  •  A University student was issued a notice to appear in court for retail theft around 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St. According to the report, the student attempted to leave the store without paying for items valued at $109.

•  Theft was reported Tuesday around 3:30 p.m. in the 800 block of Stoughton Street. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen from a rack outside his apartment.
  •  A domestic dispute was reported around 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of Zuppke Drive. According to the report, the victim and offender have children in common and the offender prohibited a custody exchange.

Compiled by Charlotte Collins