Police Blotter for Dec. 8, 2015

By Jason Chun

• A 25-year-old male was arrested on the charge of theft at Merry Ann’s Diner, 1 E. Main St., around 6 a.m. Saturday. 

According to the report, the offender ate food and left the diner without paying. 

• Armed robbery was reported in the 1600 block of Valley Road around 11 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the robbery occurred on Tuesday, Dec. 1. The victim was responding to a Craigslist ad for a gaming console when he was robbed of cash by a male suspect armed with a handgun.

• Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Dr., around noon Wednesday.

According to the report, the victim stated that an unknown offender had stolen his phone, wallet and other items from a locker. The estimated value of the items is $430. 

• Armed robbery was reported at Subway, 2740 Philo Rd., around 9 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, an unknown offender entered the business with a firearm and robbed the store of cash. 

• Unlawful use of a weapon was reported in the 1000 block of South Smith Road around 3 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender fired two rounds of different caliber in the common area of an apartment building. 

Compiled by Jason Chun