Massmail reminds students of We Care resources

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Renée Romano, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, sent out a massmail to University students today reminding them of resources available to those impacted by sexual misconduct.

The email began by stating, “As we begin a new semester, I want to make sure that you are aware of the resources available to help educate about, prevent, support those impacted by, and respond to sexual misconduct.”

The email encouraged students to visit the University’s We Care website, where they can find “information about confidential and non-confidential resources, reporting options, university policies, and disciplinary procedures.”

The email also announced the appointment of Assistant Dean Amy Thomson as the Title IX Coordinator on an interim basis, who helped the University establish the We Care website. The permanent Title IX coordinator will be announced at a later date.

The email ended with a statement of confidence for the Vice Chancellor about the strength of the University’s “resources, policies, and procedures we have established to address sexual misconduct on our campus” and an appreciation for the students’ help on “this very important issue.”