Four assaults reported off-campus in past month

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Four cases of assault have been reported in Champaign since the beginning of second semester, the Division of Public Safety announced in a Community Safety Notice on Wednesday.

On Jan. 31 in the 300 block of East Clark Street, the Champaign Police Department reported that a man was hit in the head from behind by an offender with a rock. On Jan. 27, a woman was approached by two men, struck in the face and robbed of her belongings on the 200 block of South Fourth Street. On Jan. 24, on the 200 block of East White Street, an offender put his arm around a man’s neck and demanded money. And on Jan. 17, a man grabbed a woman’s purse and fled while another man knocked the woman to the ground from behind on the 300 block of East Springfield Avenue.

The Champaign Police advised students to take precautions, considering these crimes all occurred around the same location off-campus.

Individuals with information pertaining to these incidents were asked to contact either the Champaign Police Department or Champaign County Crime Stoppers.