Police Blotter for October 4

By Karen Liu, Staff Reporter

• A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1700 block of South Neil Street around 7:30 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole several items from the victim’s vehicle including: a purse, credit cards and a driver’s license among other items.

• A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery and resisting arrest in the 1300 block of Fairfax Drive around 6:30 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the offender battered the victim and resisted officers before he was eventually arrested.

• A 22-year-old male was arrested for a failure to appear in court in the 00 block of East Green Street around 11:30 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, a police officer had recognized the offender and was also aware that they had a warrant to appear in court.

• A 20-year-old female was issued a notice to appear in court at Red Lion, in the 200 block of East Green street, around 12:00 a.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the offender was issued the city of Champaign notice due to unlawful use of identification.

•  A battery was reported at Meijer, in the 2500 block of Philo Road, around 2:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the victim had asked the unknown offender to leave Meijer, and they subsequently battered the victim. The offender fled from the scene when the victim called 911.

• A 24-year-old female was arrested on the charge of criminal damage to property at the Courtesy Motel, in the 400 block of North Vine Street, around 1:00 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender and the victim, who are in a dating relationship and live together, got into a domestic dispute at the motel. They got into a verbal argument which resulted in the offender breaking one of the windows of the victim’s vehicle. The offender has also been issued a notice to appear in court.
Compiled by Karen Liu