UIPD agrees with SIU students: Unofficial “lame”

By Samantha Jones Toal, Assistant News Editor

The Twitter account Soberly Intoxicated tweeted March 2 that 81 percent of Southern Illinois University students weren’t planning on visiting the University to celebrate Unofficial.

The University of Illinois Police Department responded promptly, saying that “it’s better to stay home.”

Stay tuned for other UPID Tweets as Unofficial continues.

U of I Police on Instagram: “Virtual #WalkAsOne! We’re going door-to-door with students and other volunteers today talking about safety on #Unofficial2017 and throughout the year. Here’s one of the tips we’re spreading. #ILLINOISsafety”

24 likes, 2 comments – uipolice on February 22, 2017: “Virtual #WalkAsOne! We’re going door-to-door with students and other volunteers today talking about safety on #Unofficial2017 and through…”

Champaign PD on Twitter: “Medical amnesty protects students from discipline and puts safety first. We’re here to help. #Call #Stay #Cooperate #Unofficial2017 pic.twitter.com/PCht3j4t9g / Twitter”

Medical amnesty protects students from discipline and puts safety first. We’re here to help. #Call #Stay #Cooperate #Unofficial2017 pic.twitter.com/PCht3j4t9g