Illini Union Bookstore to carry Thomas Siebel’s book

Nimisha Singh

The Thomas Siebel Center for Computer Science is a teaching and research facility that houses the Department of Computer Science at the University. Located in Urbana, it features new-age technology and computer laboratories that allow it to be the first “computing habitat” of its kind.

By Hannah Preston, Interim editor-in-chief

Following the contributions of Thomas M. Siebel, a Silicon Valley entrepreneur holding a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in business administration and master’s degree in computer science from the University, the Illini Union Marketing team announced Tuesday the Illini Union Bookstore now carries his book, “DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction.”

According to the press release, the book aims to teach readers how to “harness the power of elastic cloud computing with multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud approaches to avoid vendor lock-in and achieve maximum flexibility; convert big data into near real-time inferences using all of your organization’s data, not just data samples; harness the power of the Internet of Things to make every device a computer that can monitor, interpret, and react to conditions and observations in real time; and apply the latest in AI including natural language processing, supervised learning, and deep learning to solve previously unsolvable problems from detecting fraud, to optimizing manufacturing processes, to accurately predicting equipment failure.”

The book is available to be purchased at the bookstore for a special price of $20.79 plus tax compared to the normal list price of $25.99.