The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 9

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary was reported in the 1800 block of Greendale Drive around 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender burglarized the victim’s vehicle.

Battery was reported in the 2000 block of West Bradley Avenue around 8 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, two victims were battered by three acquaintances after a civil dispute. 

Armed robbery was reported in the 2100 block of West White Street around 9 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a delivery driver was robbed at gunpoint in an apartment complex.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, Friday. According to the report, a treadmill was damaged on Aug. 27 by a man that was seen banging on the treadmill’s LCD screen. The screen was found shattered.

Aggravated assault was reported near University and Goodwin avenues, around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender made verbal threats and aggressive actions toward two Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District employees after he was told to stop using an electronic cigarette on the bus.

Theft was reported at Sherman Hall, 909 S. Fifth St., around 3 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a University student reported his bicycle was stolen. The bicycle was locked onto a rack. The bicycle was valued at $140.

Theft was reported in the 300 block of Hyde Drive around 12 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole an unlocked bike from the victim’s porch.

Theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1900 block of Cunningham Avenue around 6 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim allowed the offender, who was a brief acquaintance with the victim, to borrow his truck to a store and back. The offender did not return the truck and is not answering the victim’s calls. The vehicle is being treated as a stolen vehicle.

Domestic battery was reported in the 1100 block of North Coler Avenue around 1 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, a male and female each alleged that the other party struck them in some way following an argument.