The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 28

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charges of domestic battery in the 4800 block of West Windsor Road around 1 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect got into an argument with the victim, which led to the victim being sprayed with an unknown substance. The suspect then threw boxes at the victim. 

Robbery was reported at Circle K, 1503 N. Neil St., around 1 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender entered the establishment with a scarf over his face and asked if he could purchase cigarettes. After the clerk asked for his ID, the offender jumped over the counter, placed his arm around the clerk’s neck and stole money from the cash register. 

Theft of lost or mislaid property and deceptive practices was reported in the 00 block of East University Avenue around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s wallet was stolen while she was riding on the bus, and her debit card inside the wallet was then used fraudulently. 

A break-in was reported at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, 405 N. Mathews Ave., sometime between Oct. 18 and Oct. 21. According to the report, a University employee reported someone had broken a window on her office door. The estimated cost of the damage is around $200.

Theft was reported at the Illini Union Hotel, 1401 W. Green St., sometime between Oct. 21 and Oct. 22. According to the report, about $1,000 in food vouchers had been stolen overnight. The vouchers were allegedly recently printed and in a box in an office area.

Criminal damage to property was reported at Trelease Hall, 901 W. College Court, Thursday. According to the report, an offender had made burn marks on two doors in the residence hall. 

Theft was reported in the 400 block of W. Michigan Ave. around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, Halloween decorations were stolen by an unknown offender.

Burglary was reported at Urbana Dog Park, 1501 E. Perkins Road, around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender gained access to the victim’s locked vehicle, damaging it in the process. One of the items stolen was a credit card, which the offender later attempted to use.

Disorderly conduct was reported at the corner of Fletcher Street and Mumford Drive, around 11 p.m., Sunday. According to the report, the suspect was screaming while walking alone on a sidewalk carrying two kitchen knives, disturbing the victim.