University extends academic deadlines for spring 2020 semester

Professor Mitch Fisher lectures to his ACCY 201 class at Lincoln Hall Theater on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019.

By Salem Isaf

The University has extended many academic deadlines for the spring 2020 semester. This decision comes after many requests from students and consultation with the Academic Senate. 

Deadlines for full semester and second eight-week courses have been extended to Wednesday for drops, electing credit/no credit, rescinding credit/no credit election, electing the grade replacement policy and rescinding the grade replacement election. 

This means that all undergraduate and graduate students have until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday to drop a course on Student Self-Service. They also have until this time to elect credit/no credit or the grade replacement policy, or take back this decision. For more information on electing credit/no credit, see the FAQ.

Some colleges require consultation with an adviser or dean before credit/no credit is elected. This consultation would need to be completed by the time established by each college office. For specifics, students must contact their college office.

Some of the University’s professional programs are excluded from the spring 2020 academic policy modifications and should consult their specific colleges with questions about their spring courses. Those with affected programs are Doctor of Veterinary Medicine students in the College of Veterinary Medicine, students in the College of Law and students in the Carle Illinois College of Medicine. 

More details are available at the Academic Policy Modifications – Spring 2020 on the website of the Office of the Provost.