Police respond to potential stabbing threat near Sixth and Green streets

Jessica Wang

Police assess a threat of violence after apprehension of aggravator by UIPD outside of Noodles & Company located at the intersection of S. 6th St. and E. Green St on Friday. The individual apprehended was not put into custody after discussing the altercation.

By Aidan Sadovi and Fiza Dahra

Officers from the University Police Department responded to a report of a stabbing threat at 1:04 p.m. on Friday outside of the Noodles and Company near the intersection of 6th and Green streets in Champaign.

The individual in question was described over the police scanner as a 35 year-old Hispanic male, wearing a white hat along with black aviator sunglasses, a gold chain, black pants and a black North Face jacket. According to initial reports, “no knife was displayed,” but the person held a hand in his pocket. 

According to Pat Wade, senior director of communications for UIPD, the individual in question did not have a knife, and the person who reported the threat was unwilling to pursue further investigation.

“Therefore, no arrest was made,” Wade said.