Daily Illini police blotter for August 27

By The Daily Illini News Staff

A violation of an order of protection was reported on the 2400 block of Springfield Avenue around 9 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim received unwanted calls and text messages she believed to be from her ex-husband.

Theft was reported at Walmart, 2610 N Prospect Ave., around 4 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender stole four cell phones from the business over the course of two weeks.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 1400 block of Briarwood Drive around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim discovered a large amount of money had been withdrawn from her savings account without her authorization.

Theft was reported at Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 1:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender stole a backpack worth $87 from the bookstore. 

Theft was reported at University parking lot E-14, 1625 S. First St., overnight Saturday or Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s wallet containing $250 in cash, personal documents and bank cards from the victim’s car.

Identity theft, credit card fraud, theft and using fraudulent identification was reported at University Public Safety Building, 1110 W. Springfield Ave., around 7 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the two offenders were first identified as wanted suspects by store security at Menards, 620 W. Town Center Blvd. after using fraudulent information to rent a vehicle from Willard Airport on June 24 and never returning the vehicle. The police recovered the stolen vehicle at Menards and later arrested the suspects after questioning.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 1900 block of Easy Street around noon Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender told the victim money had been deposited into the victim’s account. The victim repaid the offender but later discovered no money was initially deposited.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1700 block of Melrose Village Circle around 8 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the door of the victim’s apartment. 

Criminal damage to property was reported at Chi Psi Fraternity House, 606 West Ohio St., around 10 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged a window of the house.