Police investigate armed robbery on Stoughton Street

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The Champaign Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred Thursday at around 6:30 p.m.

The victim was returning to his apartment at 510 E. Stoughton St. when two males approached him, according to a press release from University police. One suspect placed his hand over the victim’s mouth and placed a pistol against the victim’s ribcage. The suspect then told the victim to empty his pockets and grabbed the victim’s backpack.

The same suspect then ordered the victim to open his apartment. Both suspects entered the victim’s apartment, then ran from the apartment.

The first suspect was described by the victim as a dark skinned black male in his early 20s, approximately 6 feet tall and average build. He was wearing all black clothing with a black bandana covering his face.

The second suspect was described by the victim as a light skinned black male teenager, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall and thin build. He was wearing all black clothing with a grey bandana covering his face.

Anyone with information can call the Champaign Police Department at 217-337-8350 or Crime Stoppers at 217-373-8477.