Police blotter Feb. 17, 2014

— A 24-year-old male was arrested on the charges of domestic battery in the 500 block of South First Street at around 7 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the suspect battered a victim before being arrested.

— Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1000 block of North Hickory Street at around 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the victim’s window was damaged and tools were stolen.

— Theft was reported at Champaign Do It Best Hardware, 107 W. Springfield Ave., at around noon Thursday.

According to the report, money was missing from the business. 

— Attempted criminal damage to property and residential burglary was reported in the 2000 block of Moreland Boulevard at around 1 p.m. Friday.

According to the report, an unknown suspect damaged the door to the victim’s residence.          

A 23-year-old male was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of South Fourth Street, Champaign, for an outstanding Livingston County  warrant for failure to appear in court to face a charge of driving with a suspended license. The male was a passenger in a vehicle that had been pulled over for a traffic violation.

— A U of I employee reported at 6 p.m. Thursday that his 2014 Dodge Journey had extensive damage after it was struck by ice that fell from the roof of Huff Hall, 1206 S. Fourth St., Champaign. The vehicle, which had an estimated $5,000 damage, was parked on the building’s circle drive.

A hit and run was reported on the corners of Lincoln and Pennsylvania Ave. at around 5 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the suspect hit the rear end of another car while driving on highway. The suspect fled the scene without exchanging information.

Burglary was reported at the Lincoln Lodge, 403 W. University Ave., at around 4 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s hotel room and took her wallet.

Compiled by Danielle Brown