School of Labor and Employment Relations names Fritz Drasgow as dean

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Fritz Drasgow has been named dean of the University’s School of Labor and Employment Relations, pending Board of Trustees approval. 

Drasgow, who was appointed interim dean in August, will succeed Joseph J. Martocchio, who returned to the faculty after serving as interim dean. Drasgow is a professor of labor and employment relations and has been a faculty member since 1982, according to a press release. 

Drasgow also holds a dual appointment as a professor of psychology. He is considered to be an expert on psychological measurement, computerized testing and modeling.  

“Dean Drasgow has worked to better the financial condition of the college, to develop a team of leaders with a shared vision for the future and to improve student support services,” said Provost Ilesanmi Adesida, vice chancellor for academic affairs.

Drasgow served as co-director of the Center for Human Resources Management at the University from 1996-2004. He earned both his master’s and doctoral degrees from the University of Illinois and his bachelor’s from State University of New York at Albany.