Career Center to host Graduate and Professional School Fair next week

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The Career Center is hosting representatives from a variety of programs at its annual Graduate and Professional School Fair. The fair will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the ARC.

Representatives from 150 different graduate and professional school programs, ranging from accounting to zoology, will be at the event. Students will receive a map upon registration showing where the representative’s booths will be located. 

Arianna Holterman, assistant director at the Career Center, said that students of all ages are encouraged to attend the fair. She recommends underclassmen go so they can find out what preparation graduate school requires.

Many of the representatives will also be promoting their summer programs for undergraduates.

Students are not required to dress up or bring a resume to the fair, but it is recommended to bring a bag to collect information from the various booths.

The Career Center will be hosting programs throughout October for graduate school prep month.

More information about the Graduate and Professional School Fair as well as graduate school prep month can be found at go.illinois.edu/gradpro14.

Katherine Boncher contributed to this report.