Research Park to hold open house

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Research Park will hold its third annual open house on Oct. 16 to showcase opportunities offered for students.

The open house will begin in the EnterpriseWorks atrium at 60 Hazelwood Drive in Champaign, at 4 p.m. The open house will allow students to see the companies that have offices at Research Park and explore internships and entrepreneurial opportunities. Although it is not a career fair, students are welcome to bring their resumes and follow up with the companies afterward.

Research Park is a year-round workforce model; students generally work there full time during the summer and part time during the school year. Research Park companies are offering positions, including jobs in graphic design and library sciences.

The current list of companies that will be in attendance includes: AB Inbev, AbbVie, W.W. Grainger, Inc., Electroninks Incorporated, BioAnalytics, Servabo, Agricultural Informatics, LLC, Turn, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Caterpillar Inc., Serionix Inc., IntelliWheels, Akuna Capital, Yahoo!, Dell, SIMnext, Lumenous Labs, State Farm, John Deere and Riverbed Technology.

About 500 interns currently work in Research Park.

“We’ve had a concerted effort to increase our presence on campus and to make more students aware of the opportunities that are here,” said Laura Bleill, assistant director of external relations at Research Park.

The open house will consist of organized tours of the companies followed by a networking dinner event afterward.

There will be shuttle buses leaving the Union in the circle drive and UGL at 3:30 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. to take students to an introductory presentation which will begin at 4 p.m. Students do not need to RSVP to the event.