UI finals help: dates, times and getting help

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The inevitable is looming on campus: finals week. With those dreaded tests coming up, here are a list of resources to help you achieve that elusive 4.0.

How to book a study room:

Log in with a NetId and enter the number of people in the group, duration of your meeting, time of day and location you’d like and the website will let you know which rooms are available.

Final exam schedule:

Check the University’s final exam schedule to find out when and where tests are taking place. Exams are listed by subject then class number and name.

Final exam library hours:

Many popular campus libraries have extended hours for final exam week. Below are some of the extended times, but a complete list can be found on the University library’s website.

Undergraduate Library: Starting Dec. 11 the library will be open 24 hours, and will close Dec. 19 at 7 p.m. It will be closed on Dec. 20 and 21.

ACES Library: Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3 a.m., Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. Closes Dec. 19 at 7 p.m.

Grainger Engineering Library: Starting Dec. 11 the library will be open 24 hours, and will close Dec. 19 at 7 p.m. It will be closed on Dec. 20 and 21.

Main Library Building: Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 11p.m., Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday: 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Writer’s Workshop: For help on final essays or graduate school statements, visit the writer’s workshop in the Undergraduate Library.

Midnight Madness at the Writers Workshop

Thursday, Dec. 11 (Reading Day)

8 p.m. to 12 a.m.

First Floor at the Undergraduate Library, Room 251

Drop in sessions will be available Thursday night. Writing consultants will be available on a first come, first served basis for help on essays and other professional writing pieces.

Exam Week at the Writers Workshop

Appointment Hours

for course papers & final projects

Sunday, Dec. 14: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Monday, Dec. 15: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 16 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.