Champaign police search for missing person

By Camille Murray

The Champaign Police Department is looking for information that could aid in the search for Christian Antonio Zamora, 23, who has been reported as a missing person. He was last seen on New Year’s Eve.

Zamora is described as a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, according to a Champaign police press release. He is 5 feet and 7 inches tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds.

Friends of Zamora last reported seeing him on the evening of Dec. 31, 2014, near the intersection of Fourth and John streets. He was walking in the direction of a grocery store.

At the request of Champaign police, the University of Illinois Police Department issued a public safety advisory about Zamora’s disappearance on Wednesday. According to the advisory, Zamora is not a University of Illinois student, but he resides in the Campustown area. Police are encouraging Champaign-Urbana residents to pay close attention to their garages and properties for signs of Zamora, especially because of cold temperatures.

Sgt. Dennis Baltzell, of the Champaign Police Department, said there are no updates on the case.

Anyone with information regarding Zamora’s current location should contact the Champaign Police Department at 217-351-4545 or the Champaign County Metropolitan Computer-Aided Dispatch center at 217-333-8911.