Urbana bank robbed at gunpoint

By Daily Illini Staff Report

At around 9:55 a.m. Tuesday morning, Urbana police were dispatched to First Financial Bank, 2510 S. Philo Road, for a reported robbery. The robber had already fled the scene when officers arrived.

The robber threatened the bank with a handgun and demanded a large amount of money. After being inside the bank for a little more than a minute, he left through the back doors with an undisclosed amount of money in hand.

The suspect was described as a 6-foot athletic black male who was twenty to thirty years old. He was wearing a black jacket with the logo “PINK” across the front in white letters, a white hoodie underneath the jacket and black pants. The white hood was up and a blue scarf covered his face.

Four First Financial employees were inside the bank during the robbery, but no customers were present and no injuries occurred or were reported. 

Anyone with further information is encouraged to call the Urbana Police Department at 217-384-2320. Callers may remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 217-373-TIPS or text “CCTip” plus the information to CRIMES (274637).