Police blotter for Aug. 25, 2015
August 24, 2015
- Residential burglary was reported in the 500 block of E. Healey Street around 4:40 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked apartment and stole a guitar.
- Residential burglary was reported in the 2400 block of W. Daniel Street around 5 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender attempted to enter through a locked door in the victim’s residence.
- Theft and criminal damage to property were reported in the 1700 block of Hedge Road around 7:15 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a can of paint and damaged two door frames, the building house exterior, a charcoal grill and a motor vehicle.
- Stolen property was reported in University parking lot D-10 in the 1300 block of W. Green Street around 11 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was broken into and her purse was stolen. Damage to the vehicle is estimated to be $595 and the total estimated value of the purse and its contents is $251.
- A University employee reported damage to her vehicle around 2 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s car had been scratched twice last week in University parking lot B-1 in the 1200 block of W. Springfield Avenue. The estimated damage is $9,000.
- A missing person was reported Sunday around 1:30 p.m. in the 800 block of Oakland Avenue. According to the report, the victim has not been heard from in two days.
- Theft was reported in the intersection of Philo and Colorado Roads around 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender borrowed the victim’s cell phone, made a call and proceeded to run off with it.