Police blotter for Sept. 1, 2015

• Two 18-year-old males were arrested at Macy’s, 2000 N. Neil St., on the charge of retail theft around 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, bother offenders were apprehended for shoplifting and were issued notices to appear in court.

• Criminal damage to property was reported in the 200 block of E. Daniel Street around 3:30 p.m. Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the victim’s motorized scooter.

• A 20-year-old male was arrested near the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Church Street on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and illegal transportation of alcohol around 4:30 a.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender’s vehicle was first stopped because he drifted into a lane meant for oncoming traffic.

• A 22-year-old female was arrested in the 800 block of S. First Street on the charge of unlawful use of a weapon around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the offender was a passenger in a vehicle that police followed after officers saw a flash of light and a sound that they believed was from a stun gun. The vehicle was stopped because the driver failed to signal before a turn and officers found an illegal stun gun after a searching the offender’s purse.

• Animal cruelty was reported 1400 block of W. Park Street, around 9 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, the offender left her dog in inadequate conditions in the back of a truck with no water for a long period of time and did not have proof of a rabies vaccination for the dog.

• Theft was reported at Urbana Middle School, 1201 S. Vine St., around noon Sunday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s son’s bicycle and lock from the bike rack outside of the school.

Compiled by Jason Chun and Charlotte Collins