College of ACES to establish the Robert A. Easter Chair through endowed fund

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The legacy of President Emeritus Robert Easter will now be honored through a new faculty role called the Robert A. Easter Chair of the College of ACES.

The new position will be permanently funded by the Robert A. Easter Endowed Fund, which has raised over $2 million dollars, said Interim Chancellor Barbara Wilson in a statement.

Easter served as the University president from 2012 to 2015. Prior to serving as president, Easter held roles as the Urbana campus’ interim provost and chancellor, ACES dean, animal sciences department head and professor.

“Bob Easter has spent his entire career working to make this university a better place,” said Robin Kaler, campus spokeswoman. “He came here as a student and he retired as one of the most respected presidents in our 148 year history.”

The position will be held by all future deans of Aces, serving as a testament to Easter’s legacy at the University, Kaler said.

“I can’t think of a better way to honor his contributions and dedication to this university than to put his name on the endowed position that will always be held by the dean of the college where Bob began his Illinois story,” she said.