Blotter for Sept 30, 2015
September 29, 2015
- Retail theft was reported in the 00 block of Main Street around 10:15 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender was issued a notice appear for retail theft.
- Burglary was reported in the 600 block of West Springfield Avenue around noon Monday. According to the report, the victim’s garage was burglarized. A door frame was damaged and one piece of lawn care equipment was stolen.
- Theft was reported at Nugent Hall, 207 E. Gregory Drive, on Monday. According to the report, the victim reported that his bicycle had been stolen sometime between Sept. 15 and Monday. The bike has an estimated value of $350.
- Aggravated domestic battery was reported in the 200 block of West Park Street around 11 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender and the victim were previously in a dating relationship. The offender grabbed the victim by the throat and put his hand over the victim’s mouth. The offender then took the victim’s phone when she stated she was going to call the police.
- A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charge of possession of cannabis around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the Urbana resident was found to be in possession of cannabis.
Compiled by Charlotte Collins