Aggravated battery Sunday in Sixth St. garage

By Charlotte Collins

A campus safety notice was sent out Monday afternoon informing the campus community of an aggravated battery that occurred Sunday at approximately 1:00 a.m.

According to the notice, the victim was walking on the second level of Parking Lot C7, 801 S. Sixth St., when an unknown offender struck him in the eye. A witness claimed three subjects were near the victim prior to the victim being struck. When the witness looked back over towards the victim, the three subjects got into a vehicle and drove away from the area.

The victim was transported to the hospital with an injury above his eye.

Patrick Wade, spokesperson for University Police, said that the victim was not robbed of any of his belongings and that there is currently no evidence suggesting a motivation for the attack.

One of the subjects was described as a 25-30 year old white male with red hair and a beard, approximately 6 feet 2 inches tall and around 210 pounds. There are no further descriptions of the other two subjects.

The vehicle that the offender left in was a white Dodge Charger, believed to be a model between 2011-2013.

Anyone with information regarding the event is urged to contact the University police department.