Killeen to hold “office hours” in effort to provide direct accessibility to students

By Charlotte Collins

President Timothy Killeen will be holding “office hours” to open discourse with students, according to a massmail sent Monday morning by Interim Chancellor Barbara Wilson.

Wilson said the initiative is part of a plan to “help set goals for our system for the next five years.”

Killeen will hold the office hours at all three University campuses in Illinois. Additionally, he will be holding town halls as a part of the effort to connect with campus communities. The first town hall meeting will be Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Beckman Auditorium. The office hours will be held from 1-3 p.m. on Thursday in the South Lounge of the Illini Union.

The meetings will be led by AKA|Strategy, a consulting firm that provides counsel to institutions of higher education. For non-exempt civil services employees, the town hall is an approved event, meaning that if it occurs during an employee’s regular work schedule the employee may participate without loss of pay and without having to charge a benefit.