Police blotter for Nov. 18, 2015

By Vivienne Henning

• A 21-year-old male was arrested for trespassing and criminal sexual assault in the 300 block of East Green Street at around 11:30 p.m. on Saturday.

• Criminal damage to property and aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported in the 1000 block of Northwood Street around 8 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the suspect shot at the victim with a paintball gun. When the victim pursued the suspect, the suspect shot at the victim with a handgun. 

• Criminal damage to property was reported near the intersection of First Street and Gregory Drive around 3 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, a University housing security guard reported that an unknown offender had sprayed graffiti on two University-owned benches. The damage is estimated to cost about $200. 

• Theft was reported at the Natural History Building, 1301 West Green St., around 7:30 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, a University contractor reported that an unknown offender had stolen copper wire from the construction site of the building between Friday and Monday. Two locks were cut or broken to access the site. 

• Burglary and criminal damage to property was reported in the 400 block of North Race Street around 4:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, an unknown offender broke a window of the victim’s vehicle and entered the vehicle. Once inside, the offender took a small amount of loose change.

• A 47-year-old male was arrested on the charge of criminal damage to property in the 1500 block of Hunter Street around 10 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender threw the victim’s phone on the ground and stomped on it. 

Compiled by Jason Chun and Vivienne Henning